9.10.2008

Ho hum hump day

So, maybe today isn't my most productive day. I'm feeling a little stifled by my broke-assy-ness.

The saris I was planning to get for table runners went up in price. Grrr.

The bridesmaids dresses might cost $30 more than my "absolute maximum", which throws the whole master plan into question.

Hair & Make-up costs what? Really? I've seriously been quoted $175 for EACH. The guy I met with yesterday was a total doll and I have faith in his talent. He quoted me far less, but honestly its still far more than I expected. I'm too much of a monkey to be trusted with my own hair and makeup.... argh.

(image source)

Our car keeps stalling at lights, even after we had it worked on. Its going back today for more tinkering.

The other day, I had to fend off a newspaper salesman by saying "Dude, I wish I could, but I'm so broke right now all I can afford is this velveeta." And then I held up a 2lb brick of processed cheese food, to prove it.

(mmmm.... cheese loaf)

I'm trying to focus on the positives...
My cousin had a healthy baby girl yesterday!
Impending Save-the-Date happiness!
Made some awesome new bloggy friends recently!
Celebrated a major milestone on the pilot I'm co-writing!
I 'shredded it' so hard I can hardly walk!
I'm in the land of sunshine!
I'm in love!
I'm getting married!
I have this!

And THIS!


Yeah, that does help some :) Chocolate would too, but there's none around. Curses.

4 comments:

Blürg said...

in terms of hair and makeup what about looking into cosmetology schools? i bet they would have students there who would be just as good and way less expensive. My brother is a make-up artist in NYC who has been asked by brides to do their make-up after working on them at the MAC Counter in bloomingdales. You could also try there....a thought!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I just read in that new diet book i'm reading, that reasonable proportions of darker chocolates can be good for you! GO FIND YOU SOME! :)

rebekah said...

Boo to makeup and hair! Boo!

Cyd said...

I was right with you yesterday, having my own ho hum hump day. Glad you found a way to make a list and try to focus on the positives! That is the trouble for me, too, sometimes...reminding myself that as long as I have love, family and health I can't wallow for being as miserably financially poor as I am. But it's not like that's easy! Especially when planning a wedding. Sometimes I just like to wallow, damnit! :-)

Post a Comment