2.05.2009

An Open Letter to JCrew

Oh JCrew,

What's up with you? How is it possible that with such a gorgeous, playful and rich color line of bridesmaids dresses, you don't offer ties to match for the groomsmen? Srsly. How hard could it be.... just take a bit of that leftover girly fabric, fold it over and sew it.... right? With such a beautifully unique line of bridal options, can we just get practical for a minute and say WTF?

I mean, I love love love my bridesmaid dresses. But now I'm stuck trying to find ties to match. And since I don't own any of the dresses, and my bridesmaids all live in other states, I have nothing to carry around as a color swatch to compare against.

Let's get with the program JCrew. You're thisclose to being full-service wedding clothiers. Help a sister out. Let's take the last step together and put my tie dilemma to bed for good.

Wistfully,
The Broke-Ass Bride

9 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

Is there any chance you could ask J. Crew to ask the designer nicely for a swatch?

And if nicely doesn't work you could always threaten to TP their store.

i do monograms said...

lol, great letter

Maggie said...

ha ha... I'm frustrated with JCrew for different reasons, but I hear you.

Regarding your situation, I think a great patterned tie that brings in all the colors would look great, and more cohesive, no?

Anonymous said...

you can request a swatch by calling their "special occasion" line.
good luck!

melissa said...

I was thinking this same thing! They have such great colors for dresses that would make awesome ties.

Kiana said...

lol too funny, but oh so true

the un-bride said...

I had good luck trolling the downtown fashion district, in/around Santee alley. Maybe take a pic of the dress as a reference point? Good luck! (And lots of love to Paco.)

Anonymous said...

I just recently got my own J Crew swatch in the mail...like a week after ordering, not bad! It's very helpful in the search for ties and other things :)

Abigail Q said...

My sister in law is starting her own custom design tie company... if your interested, email her at karlaquiz@gmail.com

she is amazing! ;)

Post a Comment