When I stumbled across Maura & Bryan's St. Regis wedding on the fabulous Wedding Chicks blog (designed by the talented Stephanie Lairson), I was immediately drawn in by their style - a little edgy and definitely bold but still romantic. Then, I saw this.....

(image source: The Wedding Chicks)
And this:

(image source: The Wedding Chicks)
I love the vibrant, exotic orchid with the drama of the blue water plunge and the earthiness of the black sand. These are great way to bring color into the room but keep things simple, wallet friendly, and DIYable! I'm also tinkering with the idea of using small pebbles or river rocks at the base rather than sand. Have I mentioned that I love the drama that a few really tall pieces can add to a room? Well, I do! I'm completely in love with this design - I think it will be fierce.
What do you think?
PS - How cute would these be for a garden or rustic wedding? They're only $2.99 each at IKEA!

(image source: IKEA)




















1 comments:
Hi Dana!
Okay - just put together that you are the same Dana that guest blogs over at EAD. I also guest blog over there - I'm Rachel.
I had to come over and check your blog out after seeing the title - LOL!!! That is totally how I feel too.
I really like the floral arrangements! I think the mix of the low and the tall will be nice. One thought though, using the sand may be a better base for holding the flowers in place since you could kind of push the stems in there. You may just have to try it out.
Post a Comment