All the bridesmaids' dresses have arrived, and miracle of miracles, all the ladies seem to like them! I'm still trying to get the girls to send a photo of them in the dress, and so far, I've only seen MaPo in hers, but its adorable.
One thing I'm having a hard time deciding now, is what color shoes they should wear. My instinct says yellow - which looked redonk in the picture on the jcrew website...

So I threw together a polyvore board to compare yellow, with my other color ideas, blue or gold.
I'm still not sure... what do you think?
Aside from shoes, I knew I wanted to get them a unifying accessory, too... to complete the picture. When I stumbled across RachelleD's shop on etsy, I nearly bounced in my chair with excitement. I mean, how freaking sweet are these necklaces?

Oooooh....

Ahhhhh.....

Swooon.....
I just adore the simplicity of them. The feminine, slightly retro feeling is so romantic and sweet. I also think they'll look fabu with the dresses and spice up the neckline just a bit. They're super reasonable, at between $20-30 each... I couldn't pass them up! I contacted Rachelle, and she's working with me to develop a custom style so I can pick any color I want (not just from the pictures above). The only problem is.... what color?
If I do yellow shoes.... should I do yellow necklaces? Am I at risk of turning my bridal party into a circus with all the color? Would blue be more subdued, or gold more bold? Help me, fashionistas. My bridal parties cuteness depends on you!
1. what color shoes do you recommend?
2. what color necklace(s) do you recommend? (Remember, I can choose any color/combo in the world - not just from the styles above.)

23 comments:
I love the yellow shoes and the blue and ivory necklaces. Hope that helps!
I'm loving the first one--with the gold and, presumably the same color as the dress. In that case, gold shoes.
But adore the blue necklace, as well. And blue shoes with those adorable dresses? To die for! Plus, whenever I see cute blue shoes now I think of Carrie's "proposal shoes" from SATC Movie. Yum!
I'd say that if you're gonna go with yellow shoes go with the ivory necklace or vice versa.
I do love the first necklace a lot but I'd be worried all the yellow and red would be a bit much. And while the blue is just gorgeous blue and red don't really mesh that well.
I'm going with yellow shoes and the last photo - the white beads. Good luck with your decision!
I don't like the pink with yellow shoes, although the orange looks fantastic with the yellow. So I would pick the gold shoes and the last necklace!
I love the yellow shoes and I am all about a little funkiness and different bright look! But I also love the gold. I think I would tend to lean toward gold. If you do yellow I love the last necklace. If you do gold I love the 1st necklace. Such tough choices :)
I'm with others on this one. Gold shoes and white (or another neutral color) necklace. Let the beautiful color of the dress shine on its own. Otherwise, there are too many competing colors (in my opinion).
Can I vote for a different color. My first instinct yelled, lime green. Okay, sorry to be so contrary. I'll vote for the yellow/gold.
Blue shoes!!!!
definitely gold shoes, and I think there should also be some gold in the necklace, although I'm not sure how I feel about the alternating gold and salmon/coral from the first necklace.
But I definitely think gold shoes compliment both shades of the bridesmaids dressed really well without competing too much. Gold gold gold!
I do like the gold shoes & colors of the first necklace but I like the look of the other necklaces with the big flowers, esp. the white one.
you are a lifesaver, woman! i've been looking for a vintage red and black necklace for my BM and am running out of time! Bought one from her. Yay!
Dana, I love all the colors! How about let the bridesmaids choose between the blue and gold shoes and tie them all together with peacock feather toe-clip adornments. Once each maid has her "look" finalized, use the colors that best match (or pop!) with the ensemble for their necklaces...just an idea. I think it would be a little exotic, which would go with your magic carpet theme. Just think of all the pretty silks and colors in photographs of Asian bazaars. They'll all be gorgeous no matter what you decide! You have great taste, Lady!!
yo D!
it's furburger. so shoes, i would go with the gold. regardless of any body shape or leg length a nice neutral like the gold will elongate and make the ladies look loverly and leggy.
then you could pair it with color splash accessory like the blue necklace or white.
eh? eh?
:)
I love the dresses! I would go with yellow shoes. I also struggle with adding too much color and risk looking like a clown. I think adding turquoise somewhere would look great with these colors.
I love the yellow shoes. I have super pale skin though and yellow looks awful on me, so maybe gold if there are skin tone issues. I'd make the necklaces in a yellow/pink/orange mix. Go crazy. EMBRACE your full use of crazy colours!
Love the yellow and the champagne/gold shoes... and I don't think you technically have to match the necklaces (but you also wont go wrong if you do)... ahhhh!!! too many choices. I see your dilemma... i like the idea above about maybe letting each bm choose? that could help solve the issue :)
Me loves the orangey color dress, with the bottom gold shoe & the purple/black necklace! love it! love it!
So, I've been thinking about this for days. Truely. Read it when you posted it and wanted to think on it :-)
I love the yellow or blue shoes. I think both are FANTASTIC! But, for the necklace, that's tricky. I think matching will look too matchymatchy. And I think alternate color will look like a rainbow. Also, not a goo dchoice. I would go with the white necklace... or do they have a gold. Something on the neutral side.
They're going to look stunning!
what color flowers are you thinking of giving them? i say gold shoes.. and then get playful with the necklace... the purple looked pretty as it seemed to have a hint of gold but the black in the flower made it a little more drab.. your colors are beauuuutiful!
Gold shoes and the last necklace. Your wedding is going to be rad!
ok - so i actually consulted with my FH on this one - as he is a color stylist in animation and tries to make the best color choices from head to toe for characters - and he says: go with blue shoes, and blue necklaces to match the shoes with the flowers on the necklace matching the color of the dress. that being said though - he does work in animation where wacky colors abound. personally i love yellow - and love the look of it with the orangey dress - not sure if it would go so well with the pinker ver. though. neutral/white beads on the necklace with a yellow flower to match the shoes. any way you choose though - it's going to be gorgeous!
My friend wore this dress and it is not for girls with boobs. She was miserable and her cleavage was distracting, I thought. If your girls are tiny up top- go for it!
Post a Comment