10.20.2009

Catching Up with Nerds, Goddesses and Freebies!

We've been out and about, spreading the good word of living Broke-Ass like a Bad-Ass, and we have some fun updates to report, en masse!

On Saturday, The Fresh Hubby and I were at the BlogWorld Conference in Vegas and got our nerd on, full force. I learned a lot about how new media is taking over the world, as well as met some techiepeeps who might help trick out our site!  We have some very exciting plans in store for the future of The Broke-Ass Bride (beyond world domination) and we're thrilled to be making connections with techsavvy folks to help us grow up to be the bad-ass blog pimps possible. Check out my two liveblog entries to see what I was up to!  And, if you thought tech conferences were boring, be sure not to miss Mashable's fabulous Ben Parr absolutely killing Love Shack at #techkaraoke!


I met one person at BlogWorld that deserves a special nod of broke-ass approval (a polite way of expressing my ultra-hyper fangirl crush) is Jenny the Bloggess.  If you like a sassy, funny, sexy and gasp out loud oh-no-she-didn't hilarity, you best hightail it over there and get indoctrinated.  She's the queen, yo.  When I met her, I literally tripped over my words, blushed, and made a huge redfaced fool of myself. Soooo, maybe she thinks I'm a nerd... maybe she thinks I'm a stalker... hopefully she thinks I'm sweet. All three would be pretty correct assertions, notgonnalie. But she did compliment my dress and my purse, and gave some sage advice on dealing with haterz. (insert fangirl squee here). I do have pictorial evidence, stay tuned.

Sunday's launch party for the Southern California Dream Wedding Giveaway was hella fun! Hunter and I were blown away by the gorgeous venue, Rancho de las Palmas  - you have to see it to believe it! Check out the dream crew below, along with a few shots of Hunter and me hamming it up in and around the photo booth (as usual)!


Heads up that the SoCal Dream Wedding contest is now open for entries, so get on it! Free Wedding, people. FREE!

I can't believe I haven't shared this yet, but the ultrafab LA Style Unveiled did a gorgeous spread of our wedding photos alongside commentary from Hunter and me - check it out! Style Unveiled is an ahhhmazing resource all around, but this swag bag full of discounts and special offers cannot be beat!

If you're among the ranks of brides seeking free wedding photography, I've got two contests for you! My gal Kat at Rock n Roll Bride is making it happen anywhere in the world (what what!), and San Diego-based Flutter Glass Photography is holding a Winter Wedding contest for free coverage, as well!  Break legs, darlings!

Want free wedding invitations?  Relentless Bride is giving away a sweet suite from PaperCake Designs!

Free stuff rulez. So do nerds. Holler!