Finally, we settled on the perfect location (stay tuned for details), and suddenly the decor became a no-brainer... lo and behold it was perfect for us! Our reception venue has a bit of a Moroccan feel to it, so we're riffing off of that theme to create a magical, moody and mysterious and bad-ass party!
Check out the BEAUTIFUL inspiration board that the incredibly talented and loverly ladies at Elizabeth Anne Designs made for me:

(source)
I just love the colored glass votives and the sexy room at bottom left.
And here are some other great photos from Moroccan-style events that inspire me:

(image source)

(image source)
Don't you love the lavish feel of this style, and the rich, vibrant colors? I am LOVING jewel-tones, drape-y fabrics and cushions! Its so luxe, but still bohemian. I likey.
I think hookahs would be a fun decor item, but impractical and probably expensive. Sari table runners are definitely in order. There's so many great Middle-Eastern decor options out there!



(source1) (source2) (source3)
Ebay is proving a fruitful shopping ground for many of the items we need. Anyone got any leads on where else to find more Moroccan kitsch on the cheap?
4 comments:
oh- did you see the lanterns on ebay... they were selling them in bulk 25 lanterns for like 60 bucks! i actually just ordered some.... well see if they look cheap or not!! but i got the white ones, and i think the colored ones were even cheaper!!
No! That's an amazing deal. Let me know how they come out, I might have to hop on that train :)
WOW!! Dana those are some amazing inspiration for your big day. They have also inspired me. Trust me your day is going to beautifully captured.
OMG, I just stumbled onto your blog and it looks like (well at least at this stage), that you're having my wedding decor. Even to the point that I have both the Sari and Egyptian perfume bottle Ebay sellers saved in my favourites. I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Post a Comment